School of Architecture

Q. How many hours can I work if I am a UQ Scholarship holder?

A. Employment details can be found in Section 7 of the UQ Research Scholarship General Conditions document.

If you have any specific queries, please do not hesitate to contact the School Manager in the first instance.

Q. I want to add another advisor to my team - is this possible?

A. Please discuss this with your current advisory team or the Postgraduate Coordinator.

When the new team and  advisory percentages have been agreed, please contact the Postgraduate Administrative Officer with the details and a form will be completed and sent to the Graduate School for their approval.

Q. How do I apply for interruption to my candidature?

A. Before applying for interruption, please discuss this with your supervisors and/or the HDR Coordinator. Information on applying for interruption can be found on the Graduate School website

Q. How do I find out information about Graduation?

A. Information about Graduation Ceremonies at UQ can be found on the following website

Q. How strict is the word limit for the thesis and does it include the appendices and bibliography?

A. The word limit includes all footnotes and appendices but not the bibliography, therefore as long as the PhD thesis does not exceed 80,000 words (40,000 for an MPhil), then the word limit is considered to not be imposed. If a thesis is greater than 80,000 words (40,000 for an MPhil), then permission needs to be obtained from the Graduate School Examinations Team in order to submit.

Q. Where can I get a letter confirming my HDR enrolment at UQ?

A.  A letter confirming your enrolment in an HDR can be issued by the UQ Student Centre.

Q. How much does a Higher Degree by Research cost?

A. Depending on whether you are a Domestic or an International Student, fees may or may not apply. For further information, please see the following website